Our Day Camp program is planning to open per our schedule on June 8th. If Cambria County is still in “Yellow”, our camp day will look somewhat different.
We know that the people your child spends time with will greatly impact him or her. For this reason, we are very particular about the counselors we hire. Y counselors are carefully screened and complete over 30 hours of training before welcoming your child/children into camp.
All Y staff meet the following criteria before joining our team:
- Background Check
- Extensive Interviews
- Reference Checks
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Caring and passionate
- Energetic with a love of leading children to be their best
- Features of our Camp…
- FREE before and aftercare.
- Swimming lessons 3 x per week at the Y.
- Challenge events for kids to learn, grow and have fun.
- Reduced summer learning loss through our reading initiative, and math and science activities.
- Daily team-building activities that reinforce communication and the positive character traits like Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Daily fitness activities to challenge kids to lead healthy lives.
- The opportunity to build meaningful relationships have a place to belong and accomplish something meaningful.
**Full refunds will be offered for any week of camp not offered due to Coronavirus.
Adventurer - Entering Kindergarten & 1st Grade